Consultant, Software Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team. We are building Risk & Finance solution Data Lake with latest technologies and looking for a consultant who loves to learn and work with Data, tooling around cloud and data analysis. We have great ambitions for it, and we are designing and building it from the ground up. Ideal consultant will spend time building and supporting multiple Data Pipelines to collect data from various sources, transform, clean and aggregate to deliver data to various stake holders. You will work with cross functional Product management, advisory team, statistics, and data modelling experts. You are a person who loves to dig deeper to understand relationships among data and loves writing SQL queries or python programs to transform them to meaningful information. This is hands-on role and requires prior programming experience working with Data on cloud.
- Take ownership end-to-end automation, understand data requirements from business analyst and product management, define mapping and implement data pipelines.
- Implement Airflow or other orchestration programs and execution programs in Python, Jupyter Notebooks and/or Docker containers to be launched on AWS EKS platform.
- Troubleshoot, support, and enhance data pipelines jobs already built by other engineers and optimize them for better performance and deploy them on AWS cloud stack.
- Collect data using AWS services like Lambda, SQL, and Python programs from various sources like web services, sftp, AWS S3, RDBMS like Postgres/Redshift/MS SQL server.
- Manage a portfolio of Data pipelines and support them, document them for Data operations/client support staff to maintain.
- Ensure that processed data meets our high-quality standards.
- 4-6 years of experience working in data engineering using python on Cloud platform like AWS.
- Proficient in programming in Python. With experience of packages like pandas, numpy, boto, s3fs, flask, fastapi, pyarrorw, pyspark etc.
- Experience in SQL working with DBMS platforms like Postgres/MS SQL Server/ Redshift.
- Experience or exposure working with Technologies like Apache Airflow, Kubeflow, EKS, Docker is plus.
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket source control, Git Actions/circle-ci and shell scripting.
- Experience working with AWS services: S3, Lambda, RDS, AWS SDK.
- Able to communicate with business, data analysts and product management teams to understand their needs, change requests and issues to remediate.
- Strong problem-solving skills to understand complex structured and/or unstructured datasets and their relationships to find issues and provide programmatic solution.
- Prior Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets is plus.
- Collaborative attitude to comfortably work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We need a consultant comfortable working with collaborative technologies like Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, Outlook, GitHub etc. in remote work environment.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.