Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Engineer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. As part of Digital Technology Team – Design, Develop and document micro service and system components consisting of several objects working together to execute an business function of the larger system. Interact with software architects or other Business /technical leader to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development. Interact with representatives of other cross functional teams to understand and/or recommend requirements and strategies for the project.
- Work with the business and IT team to understand business problems, and to design, implement, and deliver an appropriate solution using Agile methodology across the larger program.
- Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain.
- Work independently to implement solutions on multiple platform (DEV, QA, UAT, PROD).
- Provide technical direction, leadership, and reviews to other engineers working on the same project.
- Implement and debug subsystems/micro service and components.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
- Follows automate-first/automate-everything philosophy.
- Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and Components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
- Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or another project leader.
- Hands on in multiple programming paradigms, not limited to Object Oriented.
- 5+ years IT-Software/ Software products.
- Bachelor’s in science – Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with following Data Engineering languages and technologies – AWS Glue, Python, PySpark, Spark, Informatica, Git, JenkinsCI.
- SQL Server, ORACLE, PostgreSQL, Stored Procedure.
- AWS Technologies – S3, AWS Glue, RDS, lambda, cloud watch, etc.
- DW concepts.
- Kafka and Spark Streaming is nice to have.
- Experienced across programming languages, patterns, and data structures.
- Adequate hands on experience with data modeling, locks, database concurrency.
- Applied knowledge of Object Orientated programming concept (OOPS), Operating System (OS) concept.
- Proficient with software Architecture, design patterns and strong demonstrated experience in building frameworks.
- Strong computer science background including distributed computing.
- Good knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices is a plus.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience in the development of all layers of enterprise applications to analyze system scalability, integration, and performance issues as well as internationalization utilizing either Unicode and/or multi-byte databases.
- Good exposure of software development life cycle, development process flow and their tools usage.
- Must be aware of Agile, Incremental, or spiral development methodology.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Domain Knowledge in Financial Service is a plus.
- Good communication skill to articulate views/thoughts with team and partners or customers without any gap.
- Willingness and Ability to learn new technologies.
- Expert knowledge of computer languages, data structures, program design methods and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems systematically.
- Self-motivated, thorough, and methodical.
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.