Senior Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. As a data analyst in Regulatory and Corporate technology you will be responsible for working with various subject matter experts from the project team to determine data requirements, create functional specifications, craft detailed data flow design documents, and participates in the full development process life cycle from concept, through testing, to implementation.
Under the direction of a Banking Core Transformation Program (CTP), the Data Analyst will support the development and implementation of the GL & Financial Reporting solution design for CTP.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, business, and technology/vendor partners to jointly identify data needs required to deliver the next generation of GL & Financial Reporting technology solutions.
- Document Data Mapping requirements and Field Level Design documents by capturing the data transformations and business rules and providing the technical Specs as foundation for the subsequent ETL work.
- Create detailed documentation (Design specification, Data mapping, Data flow and sequence diagrams) and verify data mapping as needed to support the GL & Financial Reporting and CTP.
- Capture and understand both business and technical data definitions.
- Ensure and follow the best practices and data quality rules defined by the Architects and senior DA’s.
- Work closely with vendors to debug data issues.
- Provide business partners, vendors and projects with guidance and high-quality documentation resources to better design, test, deliver and effectively manage change and risk.
- Responsible for driving and managing data source integration between various vendor systems.
- Document Data Mapping requirements and Field Level Design documents by capturing the data transformations and business rules and providing the technical Specs as foundation for the subsequent ETL work and Data Reporting.
- Ability to plan and work independently with little direct supervision effectively in a highly complex, entrepreneurial and (often) high pressure environment.
- Analysis and writing of concise business and functional requirements.
- Analysis and documentation of operational workflows and system process flows.
- Documentation of complex use cases, requirements traceability matrixes, test plans, test conditions and scripts.
- Experience in both system and user acceptance testing and documentation of reported defects.
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate cl early and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion and achieve group consensus.
- Experience with First Republic Bank is a plus.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with various banking lines of business processes, technology and change initiatives is a plus.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
- Familiarity with Agile, writing and execution of User Stories is a plus.
- Familiarity with JIRA is a plus.
- BA or BS in Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data analysis and/or data management.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with background in banking or financial services and/or client reporting/portal.
- Expert in writing SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience debugging code.
- Experience with BI and visualization tools.
- Knowledge of Loans, Deposits, and Financial Accounting – with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Work with onsite and offshore vendor partners in the execution of data projects.
- Ability to look and think outside the box to identify solutions that furthers the initiative and/or improves the effectiveness of the data usage for analytics and reporting.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.