Consultant, Data Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Data Analyst works with subject matter experts from the project team to: determine data requirements, create functional specifications, craft detailed data flow design documents, and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept, through testing, to implementation. This includes identifying necessary data, reconciling with the new application and the legacy data sources and ensuring a successful implementation.
This will include communicating business term definition, establishing data quality rules, writing and execute data quality checks, researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process and workflow knowledge and user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, business partners and teammates to jointly identify data needs required to meet project objectives.
- Define and document standard calculation logic and business term definition in partnership with subject matter experts.
- Document Data Mapping requirements and Field Level Design documents by capturing the data transformations and business rules and providing the technical Specs as foundation for the subsequent ETL work.
- Reconcile source data with data at vendor to support transition to PWM Data Hub and integrations to Wealth Applications.
- Perform data analysis to understand the source data, its structure, and underlying data granularity.
- Build process flow diagrams that represent the flow of data between the different business processes and entities.
- Manage the end-to-end process for ad hoc data requests: Intake, Prioritization and Delivery
- Build automated data quality check using combination of advanced SQL and Tableau, to ensure that data refreshes meet quality thresholds.
- Communicate results and insights with project teams and stakeholders (e.g., through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports).
- Run ad-hoc analysis for Product and Business Managers using standard query languages and operationalize for repeatable use via Tableau reporting suite.
- Write SQL code which is used for creating End user Views which in turn enables business stakeholders to retrieve key data /metrics/reports on demand anytime.
- SQL – Required.
- Excel – Required.
- Data Modeling Principles – Required.
- TFS/JIRA or other issue tracking application preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills – ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business.
- Knowledge of Private Wealth Management/Investment Management – with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic.
- Knowledgeable of complex data models and software integration/delivery.
- Focus on development/ improvement of data to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Strong orientation to clients, including demonstrated ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to drive data enhancements.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.