About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Controller to be part of our worldwide accounting team and function with precision, efficiency and integrity.
As Controller you will be responsible for oversight of the company’s accounting, reporting and controls. Reporting to the CFO, and working closely with the broader Finance team, you will be responsible for driving forward an exciting and critical part of our business.
Our ideal candidate has been part of a team of professional services and will bring a mix of private and public company experience. This is a hands on, roll up your sleeves role. You will be a player and a coach as you support a team of talented accounting professionals. The Financial Controller establishes and maintains the firms overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Leads and directs firms accounting functions. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning and require filing and reports. Serves as an advisor for both the firm’s financial department as well at the business leadership.
- Maintain accounting records for multiple corporate entities including preparation of supporting schedules and detail analysis.
- Prepare and record various journal entries
- Communicate with vendors and team members inside and outside the organization
- Perform the monthly expense reconciliation for multiple corporate entities.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Research and explain month to month, year to year and target to expense variances.
- Preparation of management reports to business unit heads.
- Assist CFO for both entity related projects and departmental projects.
- Assist team members with NetSuite knowledge and how efficiently navigate the software
- Provide insight on process improvement for the Finance Team
- Lead project activities such as project planning, creation of work breakdown structures, and change control
- Collaborate and work closely with in-house team to implement custom solutions
- Contribute to various internal initiatives including resource mentorship and ongoing NetSuite education
- Developing organizational financial strategy
- Supervising and reviewing accounting practices
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with financial team.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with all organization levels.
- Extensive Experience with Oracle NetSuite.
- 10+ years progressive accounting or financial planning and analysis experience.
- 2 years comprehensive in the role of a Controller, providing financial and budget advice to senior management.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in support of providing the financial analytical and counseling services required of this job.
- Experience with developing advanced financial modeling and analysis using Oracle NetSuite.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field degree in relevant field and ideally CPA.
- NetSuite certifications highly preferred – NetSuite ERP consultant, NetSuite Certified Administrator, and SuiteFoundation.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices surrounding NetSuite technical capabilities such as: SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, and SuiteTalk. Effectiveness in designing end-to-end solutions with these capabilities in mind.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application.
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate, and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to lead highly visible multidisciplinary project/program teams or initiatives and provide leadership as the authority in a specialized field.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work on multiple tasks while being flexible and able to cope with changing conditions/policies in a fast-paced and sometimes intense working environment, while staying productive and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize financial and operating data into clear, easily understandable reports as well as effectively communicating information, both verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Ability to define issues process impacting business operations, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and develop options to resolve the issues.
GSG is excited to offers excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.