Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a talented Cloud Engineer who can create cloud-based solutions and applications utilizing cloud architecture. The ideal consultant should have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Cloud Adaption framework, Azure cloud foundation, industry standard cloud security controls and solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems as well as designing, modernizing and transferring applications to cloud with cloud agnostic design models.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features.
- Build, manage and support Azure resources covering Web Apps, Azure functions, Service Bus, Azure key vault, Azure blob storage, Azure data factory, Azure SQL database, Azure DevOps etc.
- Provide solutions for network connectivity between Azure and local network at datacenter.
- Build applications with logging and telemetry keeping operations and support in design.
- Translate business requirements into secure scalable and reliable cloud solutions.
- Plan and identify solutions and risks in all projects from design to deployment.
- Serve as a liaison between different business, IT and operations groups.
- Deeply involved in hands-on technical delivery of projects with internal and external vendor teams.
- Create detailed design documents along with functional specifications for a given project and participate in defining major milestones with the project manager and decision gates with other leads.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues including workaround solutions and escalate across teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience designing and implementing cloud solutions in Azure.
- Working knowledge of .NET framework, .NET core, C#, REST, MVC, WCF and Web Services.
- Working Knowledge of micro services and other cloud based development paradigms.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Strong experience with APIs, orchestration, automation, DevOps with previous development of Infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration management / automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Azure Resource Manager etc.
- Experience designing and building cloud native applications.
- Security compliance background and experience with source control besides working experience with continuous integration tools is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly understand organizational structure of the company and facilitate work with different teams both internal and external.
- Experience with other public cloud frameworks such as AWS, GCP and VMware enterprise implementations and data analytic platforms is a bonus.
- Microsoft Azure Solution and Data Engineering Certification.
- Experience with Tterraform IaC.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Granite Solutions Groupe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for all employees.