Analyst, Business Systems Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team. The ideal consultant must be well versed in the Wealth Management domain, familiar with handling data and data analysis apart from functional/requirements analysis.
- Works with Business & Stakeholders teams to understand and clarify business requirements.
- Understands system design, application data models and entity relationships and contributes to finalizing the business requirements.
- Develop complete subject knowledge of the project/application, to guide the technology team.
- Develop business and system process flows.
- Translate business or technical requirements in Initiatives/Epics/ Stories.
- Responsible for work on projects or multiple projects with moderate to high scope and complexity.
- Liaison between business & technical partners to deliver value and achieve business strategies and objectives.
- Form the primary bridge between technology and business team in transforming upcoming business workflows into user stories that are comprehensive for technology team to understand and implement during sprints.
- Become the first point of contact for technology team in clarifying all queries with respect to user stories and defects reported by the product owners.
- Requires working knowledge and experience in discipline agile.
- Drive the sprint demo that is completed with the sprint stories/defects.
- Lead the sprint planning meeting with PO and tech teams to plan the estimated capacity (provided by scrum master) with business and technical stories/tasks.
- Check that all upcoming stories from PO are well planned and prioritized as per business feature objectives.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes, and customers.
- Help team with technical solution with system knowledge.
- Work on production support and provide first level triage. Give enough information to the development team and expedite it.
- Leads application changes, schedules, meetings, and any other related activities. Leads others in testing efforts.
- Creates a collaborative environment for distributed or virtual teams. Provides guidance, feedback, coaching, mentoring, and training to system analysts.
- Prior experience and a strong domain knowledge in Wealth Management
- Experience in working with multiple product owners, handling requirements/epics/stories for Enterprise Platforms – Web Applications & Mobile applications.
- Well versed with Agile & Kanban methodologies.
- Ability to write quality techno-functional stories and to play a key role in translating business requirements to developer consumable stories.
- Familiar with Project management tools -Jira/DevOps.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Skillful in managing interactions with multiple application development teams.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks, working effectively with little or no direction.
- Build collaborative relationships with management, partners, and peers from diverse backgrounds.
- Effective verbal, written and inter-personable communication skills.
- Advanced active-listening skills.
- Formal meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to perform system analysis, review system data, and make risk-based decision to resolve issues.
- Ability to methodically breakdown a process or issue by asking critical, thoughtful questions.
Nice to Have
- Hands on with Visual Collaborative tools like Visio.
- Hands on with SQL and should be able to create medium level queries.
- Hands on working with Data base(s) in the areas of understanding structure/data models/data mapping.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.