Consultant, Business Systems Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team. One of these projects is to replace the existing hypothetical model performance calculation process providing more accurate performance results in real time with easy accessibility across the organization. The business systems analyst will play a key role in all phases of this project, focusing on data analysis, business requirements, functional requirements, and functional/user validation.
The Business Systems Analyst conducts customer, process, market, resource, and technical analysis to develop plans, requirements, and solutions for internal and external customers. To achieve this goal, the BSA will use traditional project management analytical frameworks combined with a deep understanding of the business, cost structure, and customer needs to collaboratively develop solutions that are cost effective, efficient, and meet business and technical needs.
BSAs participate in the full project lifecycle from conception through post-deployment. They will frequently have a lead role in compiling and presenting information regarding proposed solutions, high level and detailed business requirements, functional specifications, project progress, and post implementation effectiveness of deployed initiatives.
- BSA should have a deep understanding/background in performance measurement technology, operations and investment accounting and processing.
- Morningstar experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a system replacement / implementation including:
- Business process mapping – current state, future state.
- Conduct data extraction and analysis. Experience with Power BI a plus.
- Write features / stories / acceptance criteria (requirements)
- Conduct proof of concepts.
- Ability to create technical specifications/user stories that are ready for developer hand off.
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and implement technology solutions.
- Developing detailed integration plan – including testing plans.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Excellent communication skills, business and technical.
- Ability to work in fast paced, demanding environment to deliver quality solutions in aggressive timelines.
- Serves as analyst liaison between business areas, senior leadership, and IT development and support for both internal and external customers.
- Elicits business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques including but not limited to interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, business processes, task, and workflow analysis.
- Analyzes and evaluates data gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from underlying true business needs.
- Collaborates with business process owners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service, and business processes.
- Documents use cases, requirements and business rules, business model diagrams, and data requirements.
- Creates current and future state process and data models to help engage stakeholders and drive requirements gathering and gap analysis.
- Prioritizes and translates high-level and detailed business requirements into detailed functional specifications.
- Coordinates the review of requirements and specifications documents with the business and IT stakeholders to ensure all requirements and specifications are accurately reflected.
- Manages the change control, versioning, tracking, and traceability of all requirements and specifications documents throughout the project life cycle.
- Manages daily activities, working sessions, issue resolutions, and communications across project and support teams in order to deliver projects and enhancements on-time, on-budget, and within scope.
- Assists with the development of training materials and procedures including postproduction support documentation.
- Contributes to Project Management deliverables and metrics under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Aids in maintenance of project schedules and tracking of life cycle phases including timely project status reporting back to stakeholders and project team members.
- Engages with project stakeholders and motivate project team members toward common goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience in business or systems analysis in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle.
- Strong understanding of automated testing, requirements analysis, and process modeling tools.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Ability to use SQL Data Query Tools and ability to conduct detailed data analysis.
- Experience documenting technical requirements and data flow charts using Visio or similar diagramming tools.
- Solid experience with requirements tool(s) and Project Management Reporting software.
- Prior experience in financial services, preferably investment management.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with technology and business partners.
- Self-directed and results driven with demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on strategic initiatives.
- Experience consolidating research and data into coherent and persuasive presentation materials and to present findings and recommendations to senior management for review and approval.
- Experience working on complex, cross functional projects creating detailed requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Results driven, high performing team member with tangible accomplishments.
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen.
- Experience with various technologies (i.e., Web, Imaging, mainframe, Integrations).
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group/team.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experience in Turnkey Asset Management Platforms and the asset management industry.
- Experience as a software developer, web developer, or an individual contributor in a technical field.
- Industry project and program management certifications such as PMP or Agile Scrum.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.