Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is looking for a skilled Business & Reporting Analyst to support the Lending Strategy, Products & Sales Department of our financial services client. You will be part of a team that is integral to the Bank’s mortgage origination and balance sheet management activities through its contributions to their Secondary Marketing area. The team monitors the mortgage market and recommends strategy, provides the Bank’s daily mortgage loan pricing, creates new loan products, sells all loan assets for the Bank, manages pricing and products in multiple systems, and works collaboratively with Loan Teams and Executive Loan Committee to facilitate loan originations and successful secondary market transactions.
The Analyst will work directly with the Head of Operations in the NY Region as well as the Bank Operations leadership team and NY region leaders and will be responsible for reporting, communications, analysis, and insights that enable the team to understand and effectively convey current operating performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement actions and changes. This colleague will create materials for both formal presentations and internal discussions related to operations. Qualified candidates will have experience in facilitation and partnering with a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders. Key to success in this role will be the ability to analyze data, develop insights, and effectively share those insights along with recommendations for action.
- Design and develop management reporting for operations and for sharing operational performance and related objectives with key stakeholders
- Analyze operational data, develop actionable insights, and frame those into prioritized actions and initiatives
- Serve as an expert user of analysis and presentation tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Facilitate information gathering across cross functional teams and compile into standardized and summarized reporting formats
- Develop and design routine and ad hoc analyses and related reporting in response to changing business needs
- Participate in streamlining and simplifying management routines and reporting in operations
- Manage operations projects from inception to completion
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, analytics, or a related field
- 3+ years of recent experience working in a business environment and in interacting with business leaders at multiple levels
- Proficiency in analysis and presentation tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Working knowledge of Tableau reporting is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, including the ability to readily analyze data and develop key insights
- Proven ability to translate high level business discussions into concise, visually appealing and easily digestible communications materials
- Strong eye for crafting messaging and formal presentations appropriate to all levels in an organization and to varying audiences
- Ability to operate effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Highly developed collaboration and facilitation skills, coupled with ability to iterate ideas among teams with interdependent functions and varying perspectives
- Advanced interpersonal skills, coupled with ability to communicate clearly, concisely and with impact. Strong listening and interpretation skills
- Ability to gain followership and create influence for change across a highly matrixed organization
- Strong orientation to both internal and external clients, including demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate needs and apply this knowledge to operational priorities
- Highly independent and self-managed, including ability to rapidly respond to changing priorities
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.