Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. Within this role you will support the Technology value stream which covers enhancing processing, improving reporting and system migration. This role will work closely with team members to document requirements then take this through testing and implementation.
- Needs Discovery – Articulates the business impact of business problems; identifies measurable business value to ensure business strategies and objectives are realized.
- Understands business problems and contributes to the translation of business needs into capabilities. Effectively writes epics and/or user stories documenting requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Uncovers needs that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own.
- Manages through ambiguity and resolves conflicts, issues, and risks to remove barriers within the project and team, while continuing momentum.
- Solutions Management – Works with project teams to create and communicate solution vision and prioritizes competing business demands to ensure delivery of business value.
- Iterates prototypes; co-designs and tests processes of high-value solutions with business and technology partners.
- Understands technological constraints. Clarifies the business rationale of a solution concept and recommends alternative solutions to a business need.
- Identifies solution interdependencies and assesses the risk of various solution options, including alternative options.
- Contributes to solution options and supports business partner decision-making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target outcomes.
- Consulting – Works with project teams to understand the tradeoffs to achieving their targeted business outcomes.
- Adjusts expectations, in accordance with changes in scope, and navigates conflict between multiple business/technical partners.
- Consults with business/technical partners to streamline work processes and maximize efficiencies to achieve business strategies and objectives.
- Optimizes prioritization of business needs by influencing business and technology partners' decisions to support iterative business value delivery.
- Communications & Change Management – Communicates effectively and identifies change plans across multiple areas to support project and organizational change objectives.
- Works with project teams to identify an accurate view of challenges (and ways to mitigate them) to end-user buy-in.
- Experience in MS CRM Dynamics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Skilled in working in an agile environment and working virtually.
- Comfortable with the toolsets required for managing projects (e.g., JIRA and Confluence).
- Strong Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Project Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, including presentation skills.
- Confident when communicating with external parties.
- Highly organized with an ability to work under pressure.
- Innovative and consultative approach to problem solving.
- Confident influencer and negotiator with excellent networking skills.
- Project Management Qualifications, e.g., Agile certifications, Business Analyst certifications, Prince II (desirable).
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level in a related subject such as Finance or IT (desirable).
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.