Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a motivated, experienced Business Analyst to join the Technology team. The BA will report to the VP, Lending Technology and will primarily be responsible for monitoring and promoting the usage of the Commercial Document Tracking system and creating data files for client notifications.
Solutions will include process changes, technology enhancements, change management and close collaboration with Marketing and an external vendor. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter requiring minimal oversight, work autonomously, be results oriented and have a strong sense of teamwork and flexibility.
- Provide project support by performing the following tasks:
- Develop a plan to achieve maximum utilization of the document tracking platform.
- Identify pain points with the current process/identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze records to identify trends.
- Coordinate with teammates on the Lending Services Technology team to design and implement technology and/or operational changes.
- Provide training and end user support.
- Create and distribute system release notes.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Act as testing lead:
- Identify effective testing strategies.
- Create and execute test scripts for all system enhancements.
- Work with IT to report testing results and re-test as needed once new code is put into place.
- Prioritize work requests:
- Identify immediate and longer-term needs.
- Prioritize needs based upon impact to utilization document tracking platform.
- Prepare data files for client communications:
- Using data from multiple sources, create weekly and monthly data files.
- Review/approve proofs from Marketing.
- Create project materials such as work plans, status reports, executive presentations, meeting notes etc.
- Participate in all workstream meetings. Recommend solution options with clear and concise language appropriate for each audience.
- Maintain detailed records in the form of meeting notes, project forms/templates, policy and procedure updates, documentation of key decisions and exceptions, all in forms that can be easily accessed and store on project SharePoint site.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal, and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.).
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
- Completing required training.
- Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer.
- Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in loan closing, mortgage lending, and/or document management.
- 3-5 years’ experience designing and implementing system enhancements.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading change efforts.
- Business process redesign and/or technology optimization thinking.
- Strong analytical skills supporting cause and effect thinking, future impact assessments, up and downstream considerations, streamlined processing, cost/effort/return analysis, among others.
- Ability to adapt to change, think creatively and excel in a fast paced, agile environment that depends on critical thinking and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Excel skills such as vlookup, macros, pivot tables, countif, etc.
- Presentation skills.
- Quick learner and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail.
- A client-service orientation.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with teams of varying sizes, typically from two to five core team members – includes ability to challenge and drive while also motivating and encouraging.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.