Senior Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners. The Business Analyst conducts customer, process, market, and resource analysis to develop plans, requirements, and solutions for internal and external customers. To achieve this goal, the Business Analyst will use traditional project management analytical frameworks like Six Sigma, PMP and more combined with a deep understanding of the business, cost structure, customer needs and a collaborative mindset in developing solutions.
Business Analysts participate in the full project lifecycle from conception through post-deployment. The Business Analyst will frequently have a lead role in ‘packaging’ and presenting information regarding proposed solutions, high level and detailed business requirements and functional requirements, project progress and the effectiveness of deployed initiatives (user adoption and satisfaction, error rates, realized costs post-deployment, etc).
- Elicit business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques including but not limited to conducting user story development sessions, interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, business process, task and workflow analysis.
- Serve as business liaison between business areas, senior leadership and IT development and support teams.
- Work behind the scenes to create updates to requirements documents and supporting materials to ensure that project meetings are productive.
- Manage daily activities, working sessions, issue resolution, and communication across project and support teams to deliver projects and enhancements on time, on-budget, as requested by the customer.
- Analyze and evaluate data gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
- Collaborate with business process owners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service, and business processes.
- Create As-Is and To-Be workflow charts and diagrams, process models and data models to help engage stakeholders and drive results on requirements-gathering and gap analysis.
- Engage with project stakeholders and motivate project team members toward common goals and objectives.
- Prioritize and translate high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications.
- Coordinate the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications and review use cases and other documents with IT and the business to ensure all requirements are adequately reflected.
- Model and manage requirements throughout the project life cycle, authoring ongoing version and change control, tracking, traceability, etc.
- Contribute to Project Management deliverables and metric development under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Support overall project schedule and tracking life cycle phases; provide timely status reporting back to stakeholders and project team members.
- Assist in roll-out strategy as an active participant in user acceptance testing, user training and postproduction support needs.
- Occasional travel.
- Self-directed and results-driven with demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on executive strategies.
- Experience consolidating research and data into coherent and persuasive presentation materials and to present findings and recommendations to senior management for review and approval.
- Experience in working on complex, cross functional projects, and the creation of detailed requirement documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience translating business needs into functional business requirements.
- Experience with various technologies (i.e. Web, Imaging, mainframe, Integrations).
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group/team.
- Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Strong understanding of requirements analysis and process model tools.
- Excellent documentation and strong communication skills.
- Solid experience with requirements tool(s) and familiarity with Project Management Reporting software.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to learn of use SQL Data Query Tools.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- 5+ years working experience in business analysis and project management in a demanding environment
- Prior experience in financial services, particularly in investment management
- 2+ years’ experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with JIRA; knowledge of project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile is also helpful.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.