Senior Consultant, Business Analysis
About our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. Responsible for aligning high-quality technical solutions with key business strategies. Identify opportunity areas to improve and solve complex business problems. Work with business groups across the Bank, advising on functionality, costs, benefits, implementation requirements, and process improvements of system technologies. Develop and maintain credible and effective working relationships with both business users and IT staff, by demonstrating an understanding of business problems as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities. This position will work on complex projects that are multi-business unit facing and will provide continuous improvement across the business systems analysis function at the Bank.
- Collaborate on design and implementation techniques to adequately integrate system and business processes by interpreting user needs and key stakeholder expectations.
- Lead working sessions/reviews in order to perform analysis and research areas of ambiguity to effectively document functional and nonfunctional processes and requirements to support the Bank’s strategic projects.
- Collaborate with the Bank’s architecture and development teams to implement functional designs that ensure applications meet approved business requirements and supports the overall IT design principles.
- Support the business and IT teams in developing feasibility analysis and cost/benefit studies of alternate solutions based upon business needs and requirements. Assist in evaluating vendor-packaged solutions and make recommendations on vendor or custom solutions.
- Contribute to a knowledge repository for business analysis within the Bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required. Business analysis certification from IIBA, or equivalent certification from an accredited program, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in Business Analysis and Planning in a large, regulated financial services company, preferably in a capital market and/or banking/financial services environment.
- Minimum of five years of experience in both vendor-packaged system implementation and custom-developed solutions, with experience involving development, project management, testing and/or quality assurance preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience with multiple aspects of a Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or development methodologies/analysis frameworks (e.g. Lean, Agile).
- Exposure to multiple business process areas or work experience across multiple business units (broad experience) highly desired.
- Expertise in industry-standard analysis and requirements elicitation techniques and business analysis practices, with business and general IT fluency required.
- Experience with requirements management, including facilitation of requirements traceability through user acceptance test cycles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem-solving ability required.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft office suite required. Microsoft Visio, Confluence, and JIRA preferred. SQL proficiency desired
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG Commitment to Diversity:
GSG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.