Senior Consultant, Business Analysis
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking a Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. The Business Analyst (BA) will have a strong Quality Assurance (QA) skill set. The BA/QA will be responsible for collaborating with project stakeholders to understand and interpret the project requirements; translate the requirements into varying detailed documentation including but not limited to detailed analysis, use case definitions, process designs, test plans, and test execution scripts. The business analyst will also be required to create and present quality presentations in support of the project requirements, gap analysis, testing results, defect tracking, and status. This role also requires exceptional communication skills with an ability to build and maintain working relationships with our Accounting team members, Banking line of business (Loans, Deposits), Technology, and other various involved departments as this individual will work cross-functionally with multiple teams, technology, and business operations.
- Work as an effective liaison between Accounting, Business Operations, Technology, and other various business units to ensure that project needs are addressed.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to document requirements and the associated use cases to thoroughly define and represent the mandated functionality and results.
- Identify, document, and communicate possible gaps in requirements, and at times collaborate with other SME’s to provide possible solution options.
- Be accountable for high-quality analysis and detailed documentation to facilitate effective decision making, communication, and consistent project execution and delivery.
- Provide business partners and project team with guidance, and with high quality documentation contributing to optimum designs, testing, deliver and effectively manage change and risk.
- Given the Bank’s delivery of many technology solutions and related services are through third parties, you may be required to work closely and effectively with multiple third parties.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
- Analysis and writing of concise business and functional requirements.
- Analysis and documentation of operational workflows and system process flows.
- Documentation of complex use cases, test plans, test conditions and scripts.
- Experience in both system and user acceptance testing and documentation of reported defects.
- Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible, and reusable test scripts.
- Develop, automate, and execute test cases to ensure feature enhancements are high quality and provide an intuitive customer experience.
- Identify and document bugs in functionality; help engineers troubleshoot issues as they are uncovered.
- Review Project documents and artifacts and translate into test plan, test scenarios and test cases.
- Perform requirement review and ambiguity review and build Requirement. Traceability Matrix.
- Design, develop and execute test scenarios and test cases, manage issues and provide recommendations on workarounds and solutions.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with various banking lines of business processes, technology and change initiatives is a plus.
- Work closely with application development leads, QA leads from other areas and business groups to ensure successful collaboration.
- 5+ years of business/ process analysis / quality assurance required.
- 5+ years of banking or financial services industry experience in the domain of accounting, loans, and deposits.
- 5+ years of experience that demonstrates an in depth understanding of IT and Financial Accounting systems and operations is a plus.
- Batch testing or ETL testing that involves Batch process and validation. Backend data testing.
- Experience with Batch processing, testing and validation.
- Strong knowledge on SQL server and TSQL.
- Familiarity with Agile, writing and execution of User Stories is a plus.
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus.
- QA experience in Banking.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.