Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an AWS Engineer to join our dynamic team. We deliver expertise talent for our business partners.
- Execute advanced tasks and implement projects related to the implementation, upgrade and/or streamlining of various systems that may include operating systems, database and utilities software, LAN and/or WAN systems, and/or telecommunications voice/wire systems.
- Contribute to the development of standards for hardware and core operating software for all environments, including hardware standards for network, voice systems, servers, storage and workstations, operating systems, firmware, and application programs.
- Conduct analysis of business problems/user requirements to ensure appropriate technologies are used to integrate company processes and customer requirements.
- Test and troubleshoot complex and/or high priority systems during development and/or post implementation.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of various systems.
- Work with the development team leads (Software Architects) on the technical and architectural direction of projects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review work of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- May interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- May provide feedback on requirements from a technical database perspective, and provide estimates.
- May author technical design documents.
- May take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- May refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- May define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- May collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- May perform database administration and maintenance, including database installation and configuration, backups, upgrades, patching.
- May automate deployment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related major from a top institution, Masters degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications, with a focus on the Database tier.
- Experience with automated deployment practices.
- SQL 17 knowledge, including the configuration and best practice maintenance of Availability Groups in AWS.
- Postgres 13 knowledge, including the configuration and best practice maintenance.
- Experience and knowledge anonymizing databases to scrub out PII data.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience performing database migrations from EC2 and RDS instances within an AWS environment.
- Understanding of AWS region hosting, including a minimal knowledge of FedRamp intent, awareness, and importance of region restricted data.
- Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit.
- Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc and suggests improvement to this process.
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- May require ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently and to own a business mission or a lead a small team.
- May require strong experience with database instance level activities, including database installation & configuration, backups, upgrading/patching, instance performance tuning etc.
- May require experience with general auditing and compliance procedures and functions expected for databases.
- May require experience automating deployment and administration tasks.
- May require competency with multiple relational databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- May require experience with NoSQL databases.
- May require skills in writing SQL Queries.
- May require competency with Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of various systems, the system development life cycle, and system and application development.
- Basic Understanding of core AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3, IAM permissions.
- Understanding of CI/CD in an enterprise environment (Example: Jenkins, Github, AWS CodeCommit etc.).
- Understanding of AWS regions, availability zones and segregation of AWS data centers in general.
- Understanding of Bash and Powershell scripting languages.
- Maintain an inventory of network devices.
- Perform routine systems and software audits.
- Address system concerns and troubleshoot hardware failures.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in IT financial sector is a plus.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Certification in relevant technologies a plus.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.