Consultant, Applications Development
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an experienced AWS Developer to join our dynamic team.
- Understanding the current application infrastructure of an organization and coming up with recommendations and/or suggestions to change or improve it.
- Defining and documenting best practices and strategies that are related to application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Working collaboratively with the IT team or department to migrate web applications to AWS.
- Developing, designing, and implementing cost-effective migration strategies.
- Creating reusable, effective, and scalable programs.
- Carrying out software analysis, testing, debugging, and update to ensure that applications can be used on all web browsers.
- Developing various AWS services such as API, RDS instance, and Lambda to build a serverless application.
- Examining and inspecting programs to track technical issues and come up with solution suggestions and/or recommendations.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in core AWS services.
- Deep understanding of core AWS services, uses, and AWS architecture best practices.
- Highly proficient in one or more languages from our stack (Java, C, C++, etc).
- Proficient understanding of AWS services (e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda, Glacier, SNS, EBS, CloudFront, SQS, VPC, Kinesis, and Elastic Beanstalk, etc).
- Experience in Linux/Unix administration.
- Able to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS.
- Strong understanding of security best practices.
- Expertise in collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, data scientists, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues in distributed systems.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.