Consultant, Project Management
About Our Firm:
Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project management and technology solutions for the financial services industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing Fintech firms.
High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done.
About the Opportunity:
GSG is seeking an Agile Coach to join our dynamic team. This role will play a critical role as a strategic partner to our Product Triads driving continuous optimization across Change Mobilization. You will be aligned to several critical deliverables with expectation to identify opportunities for operational/team improvements and increase the effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organization through coaching, influencing, and participating in ceremonies. You will be an important culture carrier for change, who models the right behaviors and helps to create a shared sense of purpose, leadership, and accountability.
As the Agility Coach, you will collaborate with product management, UX design and software development teams to assist in achieving productivity and maturity of the product operating model. You will need a lean mindset, agile coaching, and mentoring expertise to facilitate product refinement, development, and delivery best practices. You will be responsible for nurturing a culture of diverse thought and quality delivery.
- Be proactive in driving Agile adoption and solving problems to help your team succeed, driving Agile frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement.
- Be a strong change agent which can influence mindset in supporting the growth and success of cultural change across all organizational levels.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on how to use Agile scrum practices to bring the customer to the heart of all that we do.
- Partner with senior leadership to coach and mentor product teams in agile execution models with a focus on product owners.
- Mentor and support Product Owners / Product Management teams with respect to developing the product vision and adopting backlog management best practices.
- Assess the agile maturity of the team. Be able to design and deliver custom training sessions on a variety of agile transformation related topics that suit the specific needs of the team and the outcomes they require.
- Build avenues for leaders and teams to take advantage of OKRs that help identify ways to continuously optimize and improve team performance.
- Guide teams through Agile life cycle management tool such as Jira.
- Be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Be someone who can make Agile fun and galvanize the group by overcoming resistance or figure out why Agile hasn't been working.
- In some cases, be able to work primarily with Tech teams or focus mostly on the Scrum Master role.
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Agile delivery within financial services
- 5+ years of experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration, and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD a plus
- Strong understanding of different Agile methodologies and design techniques with ability to successfully lead regardless of approach.
- Expertise in continuous improvement of structure, processes, and tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value.
- Expertise in product backlog management and refinement techniques
- Knowledge of Test Automation, Pair Programming, and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent understanding of development concepts, SDLC methodologies and automation (DevOps) patterns
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Agile / Scrum Certification required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
GSG is excited to offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and prescriptions.
GSG’s Commitment to Diversity:
As a diverse-owned business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.