Highly effective, motivated, positive and outgoing sales professional — does this sound like you?
GSG is seeking an experienced Director – Strategic Accounts to join our sales team in San Francisco to focus on business development and client relationships. As an Account Director, your primary responsibility is to generate sales and facilitate placements. You are responsible for generating qualified requirements from new and existing clients and working with GSG’s recruiting team to present qualified consultants for client requirements. Building strong relationships with clients is the key to your success.
- Generates new consulting opportunities through client calls, meetings and networking.
- Develops and maintains long-term client relationships and networks.
- Sets meetings with executives, hiring managers and other decision-makers at target clients to develop new business pipelines at new and existing clients.
- Translates business requirements of new consulting requirements into clear profiles and search criteria, meeting with clients and providing direction to assigned recruiting and research staff.
- Facilitate and lead efforts to close individual consultant placements.
- Informs GSG operations of all client-specific policies, rules of engagement and contract terms.
- The account director spends up to 40% of their time developing leads, cold-calling to set meetings and introduce GSG’s brand and value proposition with new and existing clients.
- Leverages the client account team, spending the bulk of their time with clients and GSG consultants.
- Enhances GSG’s brand by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different client requests; exploring opportunities to add value beyond execution and delivery.
- Adheres to firm polices, utilizes firm systems and procedures in a disciplined and rigorous fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Business, Finance or Marketing.
- 5-7 years’ prior business development and sales in professional services or staffing.
- Prior experience selling consulting, staffing and recruiting services to financial services. Ideal candidate will have experience building a territory, region, division, etc. from scratch or the ground up, leveraging existing client relationships and market presence.
- Significant cold-calling and sales skills and experience – the ideal candidate will have hit multiple President’s Clubs, Sales Contests and Performance Awards.
- Demonstrated career progression in various client-facing and sales-related roles – Ideal candidate will have landed or grown a large enterprise client for your office/region/company.
- Outstanding client presence and ability to retain knowledge and think creatively to win the trust and respect of current and prospective clients.
- Outgoing personality, takes pride in accomplishing goals and striving to exceed goals.
- High energy, outgoing and curious with a sense of urgency.
- Strong ability and proven track record of developing long-term relationships with clients.
- Possess strong business acumen and passion for our clients’ business and operations.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to use technology and tools, utilizing CRM to monitor, track, and drive activity.
- Excellent communications skills, verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable working in a global team environment.
- Ability to travel domestically on an as-needed basis, 10-15%.
Headquartered in San Francisco, GSG also has offices in Charlotte North Carolina, Bangalore India, and Cape Town South Africa. GSG offers a highly competitive compensation structure including a strong base salary, monthly commissions, annual merit bonus, comprehensive benefits, paid time off and other perks and privileges. GSG’s employer sponsored benefits package includes health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, a 401K plan, commuter benefits, pet insurance and more.
To learn more about the role or apply, please send your updated resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.